Nick Nicholas, CRE, CCIM, MAI – Professional Biographical
1978 to Present: President, Nicholas Co., Dallas, Texas
Nick Nicholas entered the real estate profession in 1976 and started his own company in 1978. From 1978 to the present he has been involved in a diversity of real estate activities including sales and leasing, site selection and planning, financing, development, construction, marketing, appraisal and management of office, retail, industrial and other business properties. Mr. Nicholas has developed millions of dollars of office, retail, industrial and residential properties for investment partnerships and has made significant personal real estate investments. Mr. Nicholas is president of Nicholas Co. and is actively engaged in real estate investing, development, brokerage, litigation support and expert witness, counseling and appraisal. Mr. Nicholas also teaches courses he developed for the commercial real estate industry.
Professional License, Associations and Designations
- Texas Real Estate Broker License
- State Certified General Real Estate Appraiser License – Texas
- State Licensed Senior Property Tax Consultant
- Texas Real Estate Commission Approved, Education Instructor in the fields of brokerage, legal and ethics, broker responsibility, real estate law, contracts, appraisal, management, agency, finance and math
- Counselors of Real Estate, holding the Counselor of Real Estate (CRE) designation
- CCIM Institute, holding the Certified Commercial Investment Member (CCIM) designation
- Appraisal Institute, holding the Member, Appraisal Institute (MAI) and General Review Specialist (AI-GRS) designations
Professional & Civic Leadership (Selected Activities and Awards)
- National Association of Realtors®, Omega Tau Rho Medallion of Honor (2016)
- Real Estate Center Advisory Committee-Appointed by Gov. George W. Bush (1999-2006) Chairman (2004-2005)
- Texas Association of Realtors®, Political Action Committee, Board of Trustees (1993-1995)
- North Texas Commercial Association of Realtors®, Stemmons Service Award (1997)
- Boy Scouts of America Extraordinary Service Award (2006)
- North Texas Commercial Association of Realtors®, Co-Founder (1993), Board of Directors (1995)
- Greater Dallas Association of Realtors®, Board of Directors (1987-1994)
- Park Cities YMCA Board of Directors (1996-2002), Capital Campaign (1989-2002) Chairman (1996)
- Park Cities YMCA Volunteer of the Year (1996)
- Dallas County Appraisal Review Board (1994-1995)
- Dallas County Park Board (1987-1990)
- Dallas County Grand Jury (1989)
Bachelor of Arts, University of North Texas
CCIM Institute courses completed for the CCIM Designation: Fundamentals of Real Estate Investment and Taxation, Fundamentals of Creating a Real Estate Investment, Advanced Real Estate Taxation for Investment Real Estate, Case Studies in Commercial and Investment Real Estate and Communication Skills for Selling Commercial and Investment Real Estate.
Appraisal Institute courses completed for the MAI Designation: Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice, Principles of Appraisal, Basic Valuation, Capitalization Theory – Part A and Part B, Case Studies in Real Estate Valuation, Report Writing and Valuation Analysis. Mr. Nicholas has also completed the Appraisal Institute’s Litigation Certificate Program and the Institute’s Appraisal Review Designation (AI-GRS) curriculum.
Other advanced level real estate related courses and seminars completed include: Texas Real Estate Law, The Appraiser as Expert Witness, Litigation Appraising, Condemnation Appraising, Market Analysis, Reading Construction Drawings, Success Strategies for Investment Real Estate, Real Estate Development, Commercial Property Management, Introduction to Oil and Gas Valuation, Real Estate Capital Gains Taxes, Environmental Issues Impacting Real Estate, Commercial Leasing: Tenant and Landlord Representation, Texas Real Estate Securities & Group Ownership, Exchanging: Structuring a 1031 Tax-Deferred Exchange and Commercial Real Estate Contracts.